The Indian cricket team is captained by Virat Kohli, who goes by the nicknames “the Run Machine” and “King Kohli” on the international stage. He is a classy batsman for the Indian cricket team, and he usually bats first. In international cricket, he is well-known for setting a number of records.
Five other batsmen have scored more hundreds in international cricket than he has. Learn more about Virat Kohli’s biography, height, age, wives, and family.
Virat Kohli Early Life
Virat Kohli was born on November 5th, 1988, in Delhi, India, to parents named Prem Kohli and Saroj Kohli. His mother stays at home while his father practised law in the criminal justice system.
He went to Vishal Bharti Public School and Saviour Convent while growing up in Uttam Nagar, a neighbourhood of Delhi. While Kohli was away at college, his father suffered a heart attack and died on December 18, 2006.
|Birth||5 November 1988|
Saroj Kohli (Mother)
Prem Kohli (Father)
|Height||5 ft 9 inch|
Vishal Bharti Public School
Virat Kohli Career
Kohli was a member of the inaugural class to train at the West Delhi Cricket Academy, which opened in 1998 and was directed by Rajkumar Sharma, one of the best cricket coaches in the world.
Kohli captained the Delhi Under-15 team to victory in the 2002-03 Polly Umrigar Trophy, where he made his cricket debut in October 2002. When he was 17, he was put on the Delhi Under-17 team that won the Vijay Merchant Trophy that year.
Kohli made his first-class debut for Delhi at the age of 18 and scored 10 runs in a match against Tamil Nadu. He was first used by India in July 2006, when the Under-19 squad was touring England. India swept the series in both the one-day and the Test formats.
After waiting until the following year to make his T20 debut, Kohli ended up scoring 179 runs more than anyone else in the Inter-State T20 Championship.
A lot happened to Kohli in 2008 that altered the course of his life. To begin with, he led the winning Under-19 Cricket World Cup team as captain. Second, RCB paid $30k to acquire him on a youth contract for the Indian Premier League. The third is that he debuted on the world stage.
Because Yuvraj Singh was sidelined with an injury, Virat Kohli batted at No. 4 in the 2009 ICC Champions Trophy and replaced Gambhir in the lineup for the tri-series in Sri Lanka.
Virat Kohli’s Net Worth
According to Celebritynetworth, Indian cricket superstar Virat Kohli is worth an estimated $70 million. Virat Kohli bats for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the IPL and for Delhi in domestic play. In addition, he led the Indian national cricket team as captain from 2013 until 2022, during which time the team went 40-26 in his tenure.
Read More: How to Watch IPL Live Streaming in USA?
Kohli has won the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, making him one of the greatest batsmen of all time.
Virat Kohli Wife and Daughter
He began dating Bollywood star Anushka Sharma in 2013. Quickly becoming known as “Virushka,” the couple’s popularity was quickly recognised by all. The wedding between Virat and Anuskha took place on December 11th, 2017, in a small, private ceremony in Florence, Italy. The couple welcomed a daughter, whom they named Vamika.
Business & Investment
- Reports suggest that football is Virat’s second-favourite sport. As a football fan who wanted to see the sport develop in India, he made the decision to purchase the FC Goa franchise of the Indian Super League (ISL) in 2014. He added that he was purchasing it for investment purposes in the future.
- ‘Sport Convo,’ a London-based social networking venture, recruited Kohli as a brand ambassador and investor in 2014.
- As of 2014, Kohli has co-founded the clothing line WROGN with Anjana Reddy of Universal Sportsbiz (USPL). The company sells casual clothing for men and has partnered with Myntra.com, a major online retailer, and Shopper’s Stop, a retail chain.
- Virat Kohli joined the ownership group of the UAE Royals, a team in the International Premier Tennis League, in September 2015. (IPTL). The International Premier Tennis League (IPTL) is an annual team tennis tournament held in various Asian cities.
- He put in INR 90 crore (roughly $14 million) in the fitness centre chain Chisel in 2015. The fitness franchise is owned by Kohli, Chisel India, and CSE (Cornerstone Sport and Entertainment).
Related: 30 IPL Facts to Blow Your Mind
Virat Kohli Awards and Honours
Virat Kohli has been honoured with the Arjuna Award (2013), the Padma Shri Award (2017), and the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2018).
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) in 2017
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade) in 2011–2020
- ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012
- ICC ODI Team of the Year in 2012, 2014, 2016 (captain), 2017 (captain), 2018 (captain), 2019 (captain)
- ICC Test Player of the Year in 2018
- ICC Test Team of the Year in 2017 (captain), 2018 (captain), 2019 (Captain)
- ICC Men’s Test Team of the Decade in 2011–2020 (Captain)
- ICC Spirit of Cricket in 2019
- ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Decade in 2011–2020
- ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Decade in 2011–2020
- ICC Men’s T20I Team of the Decade in 2011–2020
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year in 2011–12, 2013–14, 2018–19
- Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World in 2016, 2017, 2018
- Barmy Army – International Player of Year in 2017, 2018
- Polly Umrigar Award for International Cricketer of the Year in 2011–12, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017–18
Also Read: Why Indian Cricket Has a Bright Future
Virat Kohli stepped down as Test captain of Team India after India lost the Test series against South Africa. Rohit Sharma replaced him as India’s white-ball captain in December 2021. Learn more about Kohli’s biography, including his weight, age, girlfriends, wives, caste, and family.
Virat Kohli is considered one of the greatest cricketers of all time. He bats for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League and for Delhi in domestic cricket.
In 2008, he led the winning Under-19 Cricket World Cup team as captain. Virat Kohli joined the ownership group of the UAE Royals, a team in the International Premier Tennis League in September 2015. He has been honoured with the Arjuna Award (2013), Padma Shri Award (2017), and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2018).
What is Virat’s full name?
What city did Virat Kohli call home as a child?
The son of Punjabi immigrants, the Indian cricket team captain was born on November 5th, 1988, in New Delhi. His dad, Prem Kohli, was a criminal defence attorney, and his mom, Pramila, stayed at home to raise him. He is the youngest of three siblings; his older siblings are Vikas and Bhawna Kohli.
In which city does Virat Kohli live?
New Delhi, India