Last Updated: June 2017
TheShahab.com is news and information Portal. Our services help readers and viewers discover ‘things that matter’ including news, photographs, analyses, videos, and other forms of digital content.
We know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously. By visiting our website, you are accepting the privacy practices outlined in this policy.
Information Collected by TheShahab.com
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our websites. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use TheShahab.com services you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information.
- User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration; we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, your location, comments on articles, favorite URLs, and instant messaging IDs. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. TheShahab.com and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, TheShahab.com cookie information, and the page you requested. TheShahab.com uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- com may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While TheShahab.com will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information.
TheShahab.com is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. TheShahab.com may send out e-mails with TheShahab.com-related news, products, offers, surveys, or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from TheShahab.com, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us, please visit the “Email Preferences” section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g., those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g., updates to our policies) from us.
We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. TheShahab.com cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information:
Because TheShahab.com enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use TheShahab.com is an integral part of the TheShahab.com experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below:
- com Personnel: TheShahab.com personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of TheShahab.com business.
- User Profile Information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other TheShahab.com users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on TheShahab.com where we allow you to tell other TheShahab.com users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- Followers’ Activity: Much like other online social networks, TheShahab.com allows non-followers to browse your follower’s activity.
- Syndication: TheShahab.com allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the TheShahab.com website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
Keeping Information Secure:
Your TheShahab.com account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees if any who need personal information to perform a specific job (e.g., a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure, and you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website.
By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other TheShahab.com users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g., those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g., updates to our policies) from us.
As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you may receive all system emails.
Children Under 18 Years of Age:
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the TheShahab.com website. As a result, TheShahab.com does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that TheShahab.com has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible
Please register only when you reach 18 years old.
Conditions of Use: