Top Gun Maverick Movie Release Date: Joseph Kosinski’s Top Gun: Maverick is a 2022 American action-drama film.
Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie penned the script based on a story by Peter Craig and Justin Marks.
It’s a follow-up to 1986’s Top Gun. Miles Teller, Jennifer Connelly, Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Ed Harris, and Val Kilmer co-star alongside Tom Cruise as test pilot Maverick. The characters of Cruise and Kilmer are reprised from the first film.
What can we look forward to in Top Gun: Maverick? Here’s all we know so far regarding the sequel.
Who Will Be in the Cast of Top Gun: Maverick?
- Tom Cruise as Captain Pete
- Miles Teller as Lieutenant Bradley
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin
- Jon Hamm as Vice Admiral “Cyclone”
- Glen Powell as Lieutenant “Hangman”
- Lewis Pullman as Lieutenant Bob Floyd
- Ed Harris as a Rear Admiral
- Val Kilmer as Admiral Tom “Iceman”
- Monica Barbaro as Lieutenant Natasha “Phoenix”
- Charles Parnell as Rear Admiral Warlock
- Jay Ellis as Lieutenant Reuben “Payback” Fitch
- Danny Ramirez as Lieutenant “Fanboy”, Payback’s WSO
- Greg Tarzan Davis as Lieutenant “Coyote”
- Manny Jacinto as Fritz
- Bashir Salahuddin as Coleman
- Jake Picking
- Raymond Lee
- Lyliana Wray as Amelia Benjamin
- Jean Louisa Kelly as Carole Bradshaw
- Bob Stephenson as U.S. Air Force General Edward Clayton
- Chelsea Harris as Flag Aide Angela Burke
Synopsis of Top Gun: Maverick
The following is the official plot synopsis for the sequel:
“After more than 30 years as one of the Navy’s best aviators, Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell is back where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a fearless test pilot while avoiding the rise in rank that would put him on the shelf,” it says.
“When Maverick finds himself training a detachment of Top Gun graduates for a specialized mission like no other, he meets Lt Bradley Bradshaw, calls sign ‘Rooster,’ the son of Maverick’s late friend and Radar Intercept Officer Lt Nick Bradshaw, alias ‘Goose.’
“Faced with an uncertain future and the demons of his past, Maverick is lured into a battle with his own greatest fears, culminating in a mission that requires the ultimate sacrifice from those chosen to fly it.”
Maverick’s world may have altered since the first film, but expect him to continue to do daring flights, ones so large that the production had to get permission from the Navy to film one of the most daring stunts.
Release Date of Top Gun: Maverick
On May 27, 2022, Top Gun: Maverick will be released in theatres. It was initially set to be released on July 12, 2019, by Paramount Pictures. It was postponed until June 26, 2020, in August 2018 to “enable the producers to iron out all of the intricate flight scenes.”
Paramount announced on March 2, 2020, that the picture would be released two days early, on June 24, 2020. Due to the current COVID-19 epidemic proclaimed by the World Health Organization on April 2, 2020, it was postponed until December 23.
The film was again postponed on July 23, 2020, this time to July 2, 2021, due to schedule difficulties with Cruise, as well as recent delays of Mulan and Tenet due to the rise of COVID-19 cases.
It was again postponed in April 2021, this time until November 19, 2021. The film was once again postponed on September 1, 2021, this time to May 27, 2022.
On April 28, 2022, the film premiered at CinemaCon. On May 4, a global premiere will take place aboard a retired aircraft carrier in San Diego, California. It will also have an Official Selection Screening at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18.
A tribute to Cruise and his achievements will be shown at the Cannes premiere. Netflix and Apple TV+ wanted to buy the picture’s distribution rights, but Paramount refused to sell them.
When asked about them and other streamers seeking to buy distribution rights at CinemaCon, Bruckheimer stated there was no other option and that the film was always a big-screen destination.
Trailer of Top Gun: Maverick
- The Northman Movie Reviews: A Harrowing Tale of Fire and Ice!
- Shazam Fury of the Gods Release Date: HBO Confirmed This Superhero Film Make a Possible Entry in 2022!
- Barry Season 3 Release Date: Which Villain Will Chase Our Hero in Season 3?
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I watch Top Gun: Maverick Movie?
Top Gun: Maverick Is not Available on any OTT platform.
Is There a Netflix Version of Maverick: Top Gun?
Netflix Does Not Currently Have Top Gun: Maverick Accessible to Watch.