James Gunn Net Worth 2022: What Movies Has James Gunn Directed?

James Francis Gunn Jr. works as a director and actor in the United States. In the mid-1990s, he got his start as a screenwriter at Troma Entertainment with Tromeo and Juliet (1997).

Then he became a director, starting with the horror-comedy film Slither (2006) and moving on to superhero movies with Super (2010), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), The Suicide Squad (2021), and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. (2023). Gunn was hired as co-chairman and co-CEO of DC Studios by Warner Bros. Discovery in 2022.

He also wrote and directed the web shows James Gunn’s PG Porn (2008–2009) and Peacemaker (2022–present).

Other works of his include the 2004 remake of George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead (1978), the live-action Scooby-Doo (2002) and its sequel Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), the horror-action film The Belko Experiment (2016), the superhero-horror film Brightburn (2019), and his contributions to the comedy-anthology film Movie 43 (2013) (directing the segment “Bezel”) and the hack-and-slash video game

Name James Gunn 
D.O.B. Aug 5, 1970
Profession Screenwriter, Film Producer, Actor, Film Director
Relationship Status  Married
Net Worth $50 million

James Gunn’s Net Worth

James Gunn is a $50 million dollar net worth American writer, filmmaker, actor, singer, and cartoonist. James Gunn was born on August 5, 1970, in St. Louis, Missouri, and grew up there. Gunn went to Jesuit St. Louis University High School, then Saint Louis University.

He produced political cartoons for the student newspaper while in college. He spent two years as an undergraduate film student at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles. He graduated from Columbia University’s School of Fine Arts.

He’s played in several bands throughout his life, but he started focusing on movies in 1995. In 1996, he authored the screenplay for Tromeo and Juliet. The Specials, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, Slither, Movie 43, and the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise were all written by Gunn.

Read More: Nate Diaz Net Worth: UFC 279 Fighter’s Career Earnings and MMA Record?

In addition to Guardians of the Galaxy, he directed Movie 43, Super, and Slither. He has appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy, Super, Slither, LolliLove, The Ghouls, Melvin Goes to Dinner, The Specials, and Tromeo and Juliet as an actor.

James Gunn’s Instagram Profile

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by James Gunn (@jamesgunn)

James Gunn’s Personal Life

On October 7th, 2000, Gunn wed actress Jenna Fischer. After seven years of marriage, Gunn and Fischer divorced in 2008, according to a joint statement issued on September 5, 2007. They stayed close friends. In 2010, Fischer convinced Gunn to cast her co-star from The Office, Rainn Wilson, in Gunn’s film Super.

Since 2015, Gunn has been in a relationship with actress Jennifer Holland. Holland and Gunn became engaged in February 2022 and wed at the end of September 2022.

Related: Grace Gummer Net Worth: Just What Was Her Secret to Acting Success?

How Did Lizzo Net Worth Achieve $12 Million In 2022? Look Here!

Gunn was reared in a Roman Catholic family and prayer continues to play a significant role in his life, but he has also stated that he is “in some ways anti-religion.”

What Movies Has James Gunn Directed?

Super, starring Rainn Wilson (an actor who had previously worked with Gunn’s ex-wife Jenna Fischer) was Gunn’s first excursion into directing superhero flicks.

Despite having stars like Kevin Bacon, Elliot Page, and Linda Cardellini attached, Gunn’s first picture was not the massive success he would go on to achieve.

The 2014 blockbuster success of Guardians of the Galaxy served as a launching pad for his career, giving audiences their first glimpse at characters that would go on to star in subsequent films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The main protagonist of the Guardians Similar to Han Solo, but with a noble streak, Peter Quill is a bootlegger and con artist.
4
Guardians’ main protagonist A con man and bootlegger with a touch of grandeur, Peter Quill is reminiscent of Han Solo. Attribution: Rex Features
He penned the brutal captivity story The Belko Experiment in the time between the first and second Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

Gunn also conceptualized the R-rated soft reboot of the Suicide Squad franchise. Fans and journalists alike were unimpressed by David Ayer’s first Suicide Squad, which received a 26% on Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer.

Gunn seized control of the franchise, but Variety reports that his sequel picture bombed when it was released in cinemas and on HBO Max at the same time.

Summary

James Francis Gunn Jr. was hired as co-chairman and co-CEO of DC Studios by Warner Bros. Discovery in 2022. He also wrote and directed the web shows James Gunn’s PG Porn (2008–2009) and Peacemaker (2022–present). Since 2015, he has been in a relationship with actress Jennifer Holland. Gunn is the director of the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. He penned the brutal captivity story The Belko Experiment in the time between the first and second films.