If you’re a developer, you probably use application programming interfaces (APIs) for cryptocurrencies to make apps that use crypto features and connect with crypto services. You probably also use crypto APIs to access crypto data and do chores related to cryptocurrencies, like watching prices, managing transactions, and exchanging cryptocurrencies.
On the market, you can buy thousands of different coins. And as the number of people who want to use cryptocurrency grows, so do crypto APIs.
Let’s take a look at 10 of the best coin APIs on the market to help you find the right ones for your needs.
The Binance API is a set of features and tools that developers can use to automate their trading on the Binance cryptocurrency market. With the Binance API, you can get real-time market data, make trades, control your accounts, and look at your trading histories.
The Binance API lets you make tools to handle your portfolio and build crypto trading bots and other apps that need access to the Binance exchange’s services. You can connect to Binance servers using your best programming language, such as Python, Java, Node.js,.NET, or Ruby.
- Binance API
Developers also care a lot about the security of their data and transactions, so the Binance API has encryption protocols and safe ways to log in. And if that isn’t enough, you can add more security with a two-factor login.
- You can get into one of the most important businesses.
- Through the API, users can buy, sell, and stop operations.
- Since this API has a high-volume cap, you can make a lot of requests per minute to get the information you need.
- Gives away a free API.
- Only 1,200 asks for weight per minute, which is not quite the same as 1,200 requests; 50 orders every 10 seconds.
- If you go over the order, call, or transaction limits, your IP will be banned for a short time.
Even if you fix the bugs in your code that caused you to go over the order, call, or transaction limits, Binance won’t lift the temporary ban until the ban time is over.
The CoinMarketCap API is a set of RESTful JSON endpoints that give you access to the latest exchange and cryptocurrency market data, such as market capitalization, trade volumes, and prices. Binance bought it in 2020. You can even look at statistics about cryptocurrencies from 2013 and before.
With this API, you can make charting tools and software to test trading strategies based on past market data so you can predict how a trading system might act in the future.
- Provides access to info about cryptocurrencies from 2013 to the present.
- collects information on all cryptocurrencies that are publicly available.
- Gives you a lot of ways to find and evaluate market trends.
- The program also works as a trade.
- With the free plan, you can only use the API for personal use and only have access to nine market data endpoints and 10,000 call credits per month. You also can’t see past data.
The CoinGecko API is a free and open-source API that has several endpoints you can use to get different kinds of data, such as crypto prices, market capitalization, and the amount of exchange trade. This data is great for making a wide range of apps, like trading bots, price alert systems, portfolio tracking for cryptocurrencies, and more.
The CoinGecko API connects outside apps to the CoinGecko platform, so you can easily get crypto data from the past and in real-time.
- CoinGecko API
CoinGecko API’s different endpoints, such as price endpoints, exchange rate endpoints, market data endpoints, developer endpoints, and social media endpoints, let you ask for cryptocurrency data in different ways.
- The CoinGecko API lets you add information about cryptocurrencies to your apps.
- Provides a free version that can be used for testing and personal use.
- The free API can only handle between 10 and 30 calls per minute.
- If you use too much of the free API, your IP will immediately be limited.
- You’ll need to update to get the most out of this API.
Like the other crypto APIs, the CryptoCompare API lets you get information about coins, such as market capitalization, volumes, and prices. This API also gives you information about past prices, analytical indicators, exchange rates, top-performing coins, top crypto news, crypto trade data, social data, and more.
If you want to make apps that get a lot of use or apps for big businesses, this API is a good choice. You can also rest easy knowing that all transactions and links between users and the API are safe. The CryptoCompare API team tests the API on a regular basis, looks at the exchanges once a month, and reports any strange behavior to make sure the data is correct, reliable, and real.
- Offers protection that banks use.
- Offers info on the crypto exchanges in real-time.
- You can make as many API calls as you want every day.
- Documentation that is easy to read.
- There are limits to the free version.
- The free version doesn’t get any help.
- Only the basic plan, which costs money, gives information every hour.
CoinAPI can connect to more than 339 platforms that trade in cryptocurrencies. Simple HTTP RESTful API can be used to get to the CoinAPI info. You can also use FIX and WebSocket protocols to stream market info in real-time. Since CoinAPI supports three different protocols—REST, FIX, and WebSocket—you won’t have to worry about an exchange’s interface and what it allows.
Coin API also offers software development kits (SDKs) for the most famous programming languages, such as Python, R, Matlab, C#, C++,.NET, Java, Ruby, and more. Developers can use CoinAPI’s database to look at historical data from 2010 and 20 TB of raw and preprocessed market data for study and analysis.
You can only make 100 requests per day with the free plan, and you can’t use WebSocket or FIX. If you want WebSocket, FIX access, and priority email help, you’ll have to pay $599 per month for the top plan.
- Easy to control and improve.
- Several trades and currencies are supported.
- A bit more expensive than similar products.
- Requests per day are limited. At the highest level, 100K requests can be made per day.
More From The Shahab:
- How to Spot and Avoid Crypto Scams: A Guide for Beginners
- How to Buy Crypto with Revolut in 2023: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 9 Amazing Benefits of Cryptocurrency for Your Business Growth and Success