Roger Jenkins Net Worth: Roger Allan Jenkins is a former international athlete and British financier.
Many people are curious as to how Jenkins made his money and how much he is worth, given that he appears to have supported the wealth on show in Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
In this article, we will explore the Roger Jenkins net worth.
Early Life and Education of Roger Jenkins
Roger Jenkins was born on 30 September 1955 in England. Jenkins went to Edinburgh Academy and then Heriot-Watt University to study economics. He was a good sprinter, and at the World Student Games in 1975, he won a silver medal.
He worked for BP before becoming a trainee at Barclays. Jenkins left Barclays and went to work for Kleinwort Benson for seven years. In 1994, he returned to Barclays.
In his younger years, he was a good sprinter. From 1973 to 1978, he ran for Scotland and Great Britain, and he took part in the European Games in 1974, the Commonwealth Games in 1978, and many other international competitions.
Then in 1975, he won a silver medal in the 400m at the World Student Games in Rome.
In the book A Life in a Day in a Year by Peter Hoffmann, he talks a lot about Roger and his brother David and how they trained at the Meadowbank Sports Centre in Edinburgh and raced between 1973 and 1978.
Roger Jenkins Career Highlights
- Roger had many jobs at Barclays. He was the Chief Executive of the Private Equity Group at Barclays Capital and the Executive Chairman of Investment Banking and Investment Management for the Middle East.
- A 2006 investigation by The Wall Street Journal said that Jenkins and his team had set up Augustus Funding LLC in 2003. This company was owned by both Barclays and the US bank Wachovia. It was based in Delaware, but also had an address in London and British directors. Even though the company didn’t have any employees, products, or customers, it made $317 million in pre-tax profits from assets like Danish mortgage securities and U.S. Treasuries in 2004. It paid $94 million in UK taxes on those profits.
- In 2008, he helped make sure that the ruling families of Abu Dhabi and Qatar put 7.3 billion pounds into Barclays.
- Jenkins was a key part of the deal to sell Barclays’ iShares asset management business to the private equity firm CVC. However, the deal did not go through, and in June 2009, Barclays Global Investors was sold to the US company BlackRock for $13.5 billion.
- In 2009, Jenkins left Barclays. In 2010, he set up the consulting firm Elkstone Capital. Then in 2011, he joined the Brazilian bank BTG Pactual’s Management Committee and Investment Committee.
- Jenkins opened a consulting firm in Dublin called Elkstone Capital in February 2010 to look for opportunities that the Irish financial crisis had opened up.
- Jenkins became a managing partner at BTG Pactual in October 2011. He also joined the bank’s global management and investment committees.
- In 2016, he put money into a fund to buy a place to grow cannabis in Northern California. That property was then sold.
Roger Jenkins Net Worth
As of 2022, Roger Jenkins has an estimated net worth of $100 million. Between 2005 and 2009, when Roger worked for Barclays, he made about $60 million, according to reports.
During that time, people said he was the banker in London who made the most money. He worked at Barclays from 1994 to 2009.
Roger Jenkins Married Life
Jenkins was married to Catherine McDowell for a long time, beginning in 1980. Together, they had one child.
In 1999, he married Sanela Diana Catic, who at the time was a Bosnian refugee but is now better known as Sanela Diana Jenkins. Before they split up in 2009 and divorced in 2011, they had two children together. After they broke up, they said it was “the happiest divorce ever.”
As part of the divorce, Diana got a settlement that was worth about $300 million. This made her one of the richest women in the UK for a while.
Roger got a lot of attention in 2012 when he started dating supermodel Elle Macpherson. Both of them went to the White House Correspondent’s Dinner.
Roger got married to a Brazilian actress named Larissa Andrade in 2018. He met her in Los Angeles. She is 29 years younger than him.
Roger Jenkins and Diana Jenkins Divorce- The Happiest Split Ever
Roger and Diana split up in 2009, but they didn’t tell anyone until a long time later. After they got a divorce, Diana moved to the United States, while Roger stayed in London.
The couple never said why they broke up; all they said was that it was a “natural end.” As part of their divorce settlement, Roger gave Diana half of his money.
In their divorce settlement, Roger is said to have given Diana $150 million. This made her one of the 500 richest people in the United Kingdom. ”
She’ll take half my money? Yes, said Jenkins. “She made me succeed.” As a mother, wife, and entrepreneur, I admire Diana. Now that we’ve moved on, we’re pleased. “Diana will always be in my life,” he adds.
Frequently Asked Questions
How old is Roger Jenkins?
Roger Jenkins is 66 Years Old.
Is Roger Jenkins Still Married to ‘RHOBH’ Star Diana Jenkins?
No, the couple divorced in 2009.