How to Make a Fishing Rod in Minecraft? Fishing is one of the most important things to do in Minecraft. It’s a slow-paced and relaxing mechanic that gives players more ways to get certain loot things. You can get everything from junk things and fish to treasure items like enchanted books, gear, and saddles by fishing in Minecraft.
It’s also a great way to get XP in-game and use the crafting table to do some high-level enchanting. So, fishing is a very good thing to do in Minecraft. And what does every fisherman need? Well, of course, a fishing stick!
So, we’ll show you how to make this useful tool and how to use the fishing rod in Minecraft, even when you’re not fishing.
What is a Fishing Rod in Minecraft?
The fishing rod is a tool in Minecraft that lets you catch fish. By doing this, you can catch many things, not just fish. If you want to learn more about how fishing works in Minecraft, you should check out this detailed guide. This tool can also be made better and stronger with different Minecraft enchantments.
You won’t believe it, but you can also use a fishing rod in PvP. It lets players hook other players and mobs and pull them toward them. It can give a big edge to the players. In the last part of this piece, we’ll talk more about how to use a fishing rod, so keep reading.
Items Needed to Make a Fishing Rod
You can get a fishing rod in a couple of different ways. You can trade with people in Minecraft, fish it out, open chests in the Ocean Ruins, or kill a drowned person who is holding this tool. But making it yourself at the crafting table is the best and most efficient way to get a fishing rod in Minecraft.
So, let’s start by looking at what you need for this recipe and how you can get it in-game. If you already know how to get these things, you can go straight to the method below. In Minecraft, you need exactly 3 sticks and 2 pieces of string to make a fishing rod. So, let’s look at how to get sticks and strings in Minecraft.
1. Minecraft sticks
- You need to find a tree first. Almost every type of Overworld biome in Minecraft has trees. In this dimension, there are 8 different kinds of trees: oak, birch, spruce, dark oak, acacia, jungle, mangrove, and cherry blossom.
- Go up to one of the trees and start hitting the logs with your hand. If you have already made an axe, you can also use that.
- Make sure to get at least two logs, since we will also need them for the making table.
- Open your inventory with the E key and use the 2×2 crafting grid in the upper right area to cut the logs into planks.
- Then, put two planks in the making grid in a vertical line to make four sticks.
2. Minecraft’s Strings
For string, killing spiders is the best way to get it. Spiders are aggressive mobs in Minecraft that appear in dark places or when a spider monster spawner is turned on.
- So, first, go into a nearby cave or wait until Minecraft nighttime.
- Many different dangerous mobs will spawn around you, but you should only pay attention to the spiders.
- If you go up to one of them, they will get angry. Start hitting the spider with your hands or a sword or an axe.
- You get one string from one spider. To make a fishing stick, you need two pieces of string, so killing a couple will do the job.
How to Make a Minecraft Fishing Rod?
You can make a fishing rod in Minecraft once you have the sticks and the string. Here are the steps you must take:
- First, we need a table for making things. Open your inventory and put four planks on the making grid, which is 2×2. Move the making table to your inventory by clicking on it.
- Right-clicking on the making table will bring up its user interface.
- Now, put three sticks in a diagonal pattern, as shown in the picture.
- Then, put a string in the last cell of the middle row and the last cell of the bottom row.
- Lastly, click on the fishing rod on the right and move it to your collection.
- The Ultimate Guide to the 10 Most Broken Farms in Minecraft
- 10 Minecraft Mods That Will Make Your Low-End PC Run Like a Dream
- Minecraft: 5 Map Seeds That Are So Weird, They’re Awesome
Fishing is a crucial mechanic in Minecraft, providing players with various loot items and a way to gain XP in-game. A fishing rod is a useful tool for catching fish and can be made stronger with different enchantments. To make a fishing rod, players need 3 sticks and 2 pieces of string.
To get sticks, find a tree and hit logs with your hand. Cut logs into planks and place them in the crafting grid. For strings, kill spiders in a nearby cave or during Minecraft nighttime. To make a fishing rod, open a crafting table, place three sticks in a diagonal pattern, and place a string in the last cell.