The Spanish Princess Season 3 Release Date: The popular historical drama series The Spanish Princess was developed by Emma Frost and Matthew Graham.
The second season of Queen Catherine ended on November 29th, 2020. After two seasons, fans have been waiting to see if the show will be renewed for a third season.
Here is everything you want to know about The Spanish Princess season 3.
The Spanish Princess Season 3: Cast
- Sai Bennett played the role of Princess Mary of England
- Alicia Borrachero as Queen Isabella of Castille
- Andrew Buchan as Thomas More
- Laura Carmichael as Margaret “Maggie” Pole
- Daniel Cerqueira as De Fuensalida
- Georgie Henley as Princess Margaret
- Charlotte Hope as Princess Catherine of Aragon
- Angus Imrie as Crown Prince Arthur Tudor
- Stephanie Levi-John as Lina de Cardonnes
- Gordon Kennedy as John Stewart
- Aaron Cobham as Oviedo
- Elliot Cowan as King Henry VII of England
- Philip Cumbus as Thomas Wolsey
- Antonio de la Torre as King Ferdinand II of Aragon
- Ruairi O’Connor as Harry, Duke of York
- Nadia Parkes as Rosa de Vargas
- Richard Pepper as Thomas Boleyn
- Jordan Renzo as Charles “Charlie” Brandon
- Peter Egan as General Thomas Howard
- Alba Galocha as Queen Joanna of Castile
- Chloe Harris as Lady Elizabeth “Bessie” Blount
- Alan McKenna as Sir Richard Pole
- Alexandra Moen as Elizabeth of York
- Olly Rix as Edward Stafford
- Ray Stevenson as King James IV of Scotland
- Harriet Walter as Margaret Beaufort
The storyline for The Spanish Princess season 3
Although we have yet to learn whether or if there will be more episodes set in the Gregory universe, the books do give up a lot of possibilities.
Given that The Spanish Princess has previously established Catherine of Aragon and Henry VIII’s sisters Margaret and Mary, a version of Gregory’s Three Sisters, Three Queens that focuses on those three persons could be a possibility.
Another likely candidate is a new version of The Other Boleyn Girl, Gregory’s best-known work, which shows Henry VIII’s relationship with Anne Boleyn and her sister Mary.
The fact that the novel was also made into the 2008 movie The Tudors, a popular Showtime drama set in the same time period, may have led the creators to look into less well-known history to avoid confusion.
But these are just rumors because the creators have said they have no plans to make a new series anytime soon.
Release Date for Season 3 of The Spanish Princess
The Spanish Princess will not be returning for the following season. According to the media outlet, the show’s makers, Starz, announced during the filming of the second season that Catherine’s adventure may be coming to an end.
Despite the fact that Princess Catherine’s story has concluded, the news site speculates that the show’s makers may return with a fresh story. The life of Eleanor of Aquitaine will most likely be the inspiration for the next series.
She was the queen consort of both France and England in the 12th century. The drama is said to be based on Alison Weir’s Eleanor biography from 1999, as well as the companion novel Captive Queen.
- Goblin Slayer Season 2 Release Date: The Second Season of This Anime Series Get Official Confirmation From Netflix!
- Spirit Chronicles Season 2 Release Date: Find Out When It Will Be Released!
- One Punch Man Season 3 Release Date: Is It Going To Renew in 2022?
The Spanish Princess Season 3: Trailer
The Spanish Princess season 3 has not released any official trailer yet. We will update you when the trailer is released.
For now, you can enjoy the trailer of The Spanish Princess season 2.
Will the Spanish Princess Get a Third Season?
The Spanish Princess will not be back for the next season, according to an article in Cheatsheet. The media site says that the show’s creators, Starz, said that the second season would be the end of Catherine’s journey while they were filming it.
Even though Princess Catherine’s story is over, the news source says that the show’s creators might come back with a new one.
The show Spanish Princess won’t be brought back. Reports say that Starz is making a new show about the life of another monarch, probably a famous queen. Most likely, the next show will be based on the life of Eleanor of Aquitaine. She was the queen of France and England at the same time in the 1200s.
According to reports, the show is based on Alison Weir’s Eleanor biography from 1999, as well as the companion novel Captive Queen.
Starz has produced three shows about the women of the English royal family in the past. The stories mainly take place during the Wars of the Roses and the early years of the Tudor reign.
The White Queen, a Starz series, was based on Queen Elizabeth Woodville. Edward IV was her husband. Margaret Beaufort and Anne Neville, the mother of Henry VII and the wife of Richard III, were also featured in the program. The Spanish Princess, on the other hand, focused on Catherine, and all three characters were adapted from Phillippa Gregory’s historical novels.
The Spanish Princess Season 2: Reviews
Over 4,800 IMDb users have given the show a 6.8 rating. The second season has a 50% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Can I Watch the Spanish Princess Season 2?
You Can Watch the Spanish Princess Season 2 on Starz.
Will the Spanish Princess Have a Third Season?
The Spanish Princess Series Has Been Cancelled.
Will Amazon Prime Have the Spanish Princess?
The Spanish Princess Is Currently Available on Starz or Amazon Prime.