How Far Can Airpods Be Away From Phone?
Regardless of how neatly you fold the cord, your headphones will inevitably become tangled. After 150 times of untangling the wires, the device stops working or the audio quality degrades. In this situation, shifting to Bluetooth earbuds is a no-brainer. You can’t beat the convenience and sound quality of the AirPods when you’re on the hunt for a new pair of headphones.
How Far Can Airpods Be Away From Phone?
Want to know more about the sound quality that these Apple earbuds provide or the range they support, keep reading.
The Optimal and Maximum Range
Apple AirPods work with a wide range of devices besides just iPhones. As long as your smartphone or tablet has Bluetooth, you can use them together. There is a 30-60-foot (10-18-meter) reception range that works best for them. That means you don’t have to take your smartphone with you everywhere you go, and your music won’t start skipping when you do.
Some users even put the earbuds through their paces to see how long they would last. They found that the AirPods can be worn for up to 60 feet while still playing music uninterrupted, but this is unofficial. However, pairing the earbuds with an iOS device will allow you to get the most out of this range. Although it’s able to link them to an Android smartphone, doing so may reduce their range.
You should know that these earbuds can be used by two people simultaneously. Keep the range in mind when lending yours to a friend so that you can both enjoy your favorite band together.
When it comes to range, there isn’t much of a difference between the first and second-generation AirPods. The newer model may have a better connection if you’re further away from the source. It wasn’t one of the most notable additions to the AirPods Pro model, to be sure.
How Do I Connect My AirPods?
You can use the AirPods for more than just listening to music. You can converse with Siri or hop on a call. If you’re using an iOS device, follow these steps to get your buds connected and ready to go.
Check to see if there are any new versions of your phone software available.
- Keep your AirPods in their case close to your phone.
- Sit tight for an animation to show up after unlocking your phone.
- To begin the pairing process, select Connect.
- Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions.
- Tap on Done when you’re done pairing the devices.
Key Features of Airpods
There are some crucial elements to keep in mind when looking for Airpods. Your AirPods success or failure is determined by these factors.
- Battery power: Your AirPods battery life is critical to their performance. With a fully charged battery, you can listen for up to 5 hours and talk for up to 3 hours. To top it all off, the battery charging unit is incredibly compact and lightweight. It’s light and portable enough to carry with you wherever you go. The battery can easily be recharged by connecting it to a power source. A 15-minute recharge will last over 3 hours. And if you’re talking, it’ll last for up to two hours.
- Performance: Airpods are known for their reliable wireless connectivity. The H1 headphone chip, which is said to be twice as fast when switching devices, also helps them establish connectivity in a snap. The chip has also reduced the time it takes to connect a phone call by nearly twofold.
- User-friendly interface: The Airpods app is incredibly easy to use. You can use some of your phone’s features even when you’re not near it. With a tap, for example, you can adjust, converse, and even look up the weather. You can do a slew of things without ever picking up your phone.
AirPods are one of Apple’s most useful products, as they eliminate the hassle of dealing with headphones and cords for the first time in years. It boasts superior sound quality, and it connects quickly to any device. It also gives you more mobility than traditional headphones.
Have you put your AirPods to use yet? There’s a lot you can do without pickup up your phone. Do share your thoughts in the section below.