Hilary Duff is a well-known actress, singer, and writer who has worked in the show business since she was a child. Her bubbly personality and girl-next-door charm, as well as her successful careers in both acting and music, have made her well-known.
Fans are curious about her personal life, particularly her dating history, in addition to her professional accomplishments. In this article, we’ll look at Hilary Duff’s dating history, from her days as a child star to her current happy family life.
Hilary Duff’s Dating History
The Teenage Romances of Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff rose to prominence in the early 2000s as the star of the hit Disney Channel series “Lizzie McGuire.” She quickly grew a large fan base, many of whom were interested in her dating life.
Duff’s first public relationship was with Aaron Carter, a fellow teen celebrity who had a long-held crush on her. They started dating in 2001, but their relationship was short-lived and ended in 2003.
Following her split from Carter, Duff dated Joel Madden, the lead singer of the band Good Charlotte. They were together for about two years before splitting up in 2006.
Duff began dating her “Raise Your Voice” co-star, Oliver James, the same year. Their relationship, however, did not last long, and they split up in 2007.
Divorce and Marriage of Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff met Canadian hockey player Mike Comrie at a party in 2010. They hit it off and started dating soon after. Comrie proposed to Duff in 2010, and the couple married that August.
Many of Duff’s famous friends, including Ashlee Simpson and Jessica Alba, attended their lavish wedding in Santa Barbara, California.
Duff and Comrie’s marriage appeared to be going well, and the couple welcomed their son Luca in 2012. However, the couple announced their separation in 2014.
In 2015, they filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. Despite their divorce, Duff and Comrie remained friendly and co-parented their son.
View this post on Instagram
Matthew Koma’s Relationship with Hilary Duff
Hilary Duff began dating singer-songwriter Matthew Koma in early 2017. Koma and Duff had previously collaborated, with Koma co-writing songs for Duff’s album “Breathe In. Breathe Out.” In January 2017, they made their red carpet debut at a pre-SAG Awards party, confirming their relationship.
Duff and Koma’s relationship had its ups and downs, with the couple splitting up and reuniting several times over the years. They appeared to have reconciled their differences, as Duff announced in October 2018 that she and Koma were expecting their first child together. Banks Violet, their daughter, was born in October 2018.
Duff and Koma got engaged in December 2019, and they married in a private ceremony in their backyard in 2020. The couple appears to be in love, and they frequently share adorable photos and videos of themselves and their children on social media.
Some Key Details About Hilary Duff’s Dating Life:
- Hilary Duff’s first serious boyfriend was Joel Madden, the lead singer of Good Charlotte when she was only 16 years old. They dated for nearly two and a half years before splitting up in 2006.
- After her breakup with Joel Madden, Hilary Duff dated actor Shia LaBeouf for a brief period. They met on the set of “The Battle of Shaker Heights” in 2002 and dated for a few months.
- She had an on-again, off-again relationship with singer Aaron Carter: Hilary Duff and singer Aaron Carter had a turbulent relationship from 2001 to 2003. They split in 2003, and Aaron Carter famously stated that he was still in love with Hilary Duff, even getting her name tattooed on his hand. They briefly reunited in 2004, but eventually called it quits.
- Hilary Duff married and divorced Mike Comrie: After three years of dating, Hilary Duff married Canadian NHL player Mike Comrie in 2010. They welcomed their son, Luca, in 2012, but divorced in 2014. In 2016, their divorce was finalized.
- Hilary Duff dated personal trainer Jason Walsh in 2015, but their relationship ended quickly. They ended their relationship after only a few months of dating.
- She has been dating Matthew Koma since early 2017: Hilary Duff began dating musician and producer Matthew Koma in early 2017. The couple split up briefly in March 2017 but reconciled a few months later. Banks, their daughter, was born in 2018, and they announced their engagement in 2019.
- She has been open about her dating experiences and the lessons she has learned along the way: Hilary Duff has been open about her dating experiences and the lessons she has learned along the way. She has spoken out about the pressures of dating in public and how difficult it can be to maintain a relationship when under constant scrutiny.