Higher Education and a Diploma: In this article, we will tell you why you need higher education in 2022, whether it makes a modern person successful, and what companies look at good grades on a diploma. Let’s look at the statistics and the arguments for and against.
Is it necessary to have higher education and a diploma in the modern world?
Many people since childhood believe that to succeed in life and career, it is mandatory to have a higher education. However, the situation in the world is changing, and the principles that were relevant a few decades ago are not suitable for the modern person.
Indeed, in the past, a university degree provided a decent wage and a prestigious job. At that time, it was profitable to get a higher education, but today its presence does not guarantee success.
Nowadays, many young people, schoolchildren, and future students consciously refuse to go to university.
In addition, self-education is now gaining more and more momentum. There are many courses and programs for mastering a profession in online schools.
By using this method of acquiring knowledge, a person significantly reduces the cost of education and saves time by obtaining the most necessary information in a short time. Also, there are a lot of information searching services, write my essay services, and online libraries available.
A big plus is also the fact that at the courses a lot of practical work, where the student can consolidate the knowledge gained. After all, employers in most cases do not look at the diploma, but at the skills and practical skills. And some distance learning schools even guarantee employment after successful completion of the course.
Arguments for and against studying at the university
There is a lot of discussion on forums about whether higher education is as necessary as we used to think.
However, there will always be some for whom it has played an important role in life. And it is thanks to a diploma from the university, that a person was able to find not only a good job with a decent wage but also to realize themselves in life.
There are many arguments and counterarguments about the benefits of full-time higher education. Let’s look at the main ones.
Pros of higher education and a diploma:
- Career advancement. Many organizations, especially government agencies, allow the transition to a senior position only with higher education.
- Special knowledge. Even in the 21st century, some specialties can only be obtained with full-time higher education.
- Employment advantage. Employers like their workforce to be highly qualified.
- Circle of knowledge. Studying in higher education greatly helps broaden it.
- Interaction with people. Within the walls of the university, many people make connections that help them throughout life. And they also learn how to build relationships with others.
Cons of higher education and a diploma:
- Long study time. You will spend at least 5 years of your life studying full-time. During this time, you will constantly have to ask your parents for help. And if you decide to combine study with work, be prepared for a huge workload.
- Expensive tuition. Budgetary places in universities are limited. And to get them is not easy, especially in popular universities. So, there is a high probability that for the training will have to pay a decent amount, which is not everyone can afford.
- A lot of theory and not enough practice. That is why the basic skills necessary for work, a person gets after employment.
- High loads. Studying a lot of disciplines, even the ones you may not need. A great number of reports, term papers, and essays are to be handed in on time. The pace of study, which not everyone can handle.
Does everyone need to go to university?
We are used to thinking that everyone needs higher education. However, most companies care more about the experience and skills of applicants than a diploma. This gives us the right to assert that everywhere there are criteria for selecting employees.
It is up to you to determine whether it is necessary for you to study in higher education to achieve the desired goals. To do this be sure to analyze the professional field that attracts you, and assess your future position and career prospects. You may be the person for whom studying in college will be essential, or on the contrary, will be a waste of time.
Yes, there are a number of professions, such as doctor or engineer, that cannot be done without higher education. But if we are talking about other kinds of professions, the opportunities of the 21st century allow you to get the necessary knowledge without leaving home.
Moreover, after getting a certificate of completion of courses or online school you can easily get a job. Although it is important to understand that your knowledge and experience are crucial everywhere.
So, the key factor is your skills, so where you get them at the university or with a laptop at home – it’s not so important. In any case, the decision is yours.